How To: Copy a Sales Order as a Credit Note
A sales order can be copied as a credit note containing all the stock items for the same customer. Some fields are not copied, see list below.
- Open the original Sales Order, see Open a Sales Order screen .
- Press or clicking the down arrow immediately to the right of the to open the 'Other Actions' menu.
- Click on option 9 Copy Sales Order (as Credit Note) or press if you used .
- In the Confirm popup click on Yes to copy the sales order as a credit note.
- The credit note will be created.
Note: see the fields that have not been copied in the list below. The system will re-evaluate them for each customer, even the same customer in case changes have been made to the customer information between the old sales order and the new copied sales order.
Fields not copied
- Sales Order code
- Sales order dates (created and delivery)
- Invoice Priority
- Pre-payment amount
- Pay code
- Associated reference
- Date sent
- Taxable status
- Stock items: the system will re-evaluate the stock items on an individual basis, for example, tax rates, back ordered items, quantity sent and returned.
- Price List prices
Examples of fields copied
- Stock Items (less the above mentioned fields)
- Stock quantity ordered