How To: Copy a Sales Order for a Different Customer
A sales order can be copied for a different customer than the sales order was originally created for, even when their currencies are not the same. This is a useful feature if the user has entered a large order against the wrong customer by accident, as it saves having to re-input all the data onto a new sales order. Some fields are not copied, see list below.
- Open the original Sales Order, see Open a Sales Order screen .
- Press to open the 'Other Actions' menu. or clicking the down arrow immediately to the right of the
- Click on option 10 Copy Sales Order (Different Customer) or press if you used .
- From the customer Lookup popup select the customer the order is being copied to.
- In the Confirm popup click on Yes to copy the sales order for a different customer and also if you wish to send emails.
- The sales order will be created.
- The fields that have not been copied in the list below.
- The system will re-evaluate them for each customer, even the same customer in case changes have been made to the customer information between the old sales order and the new copied sales order.
- The system will not allow sales orders to be copied between customers who have different currencies.
Fields not copied
- Sales Order code
- Sales order dates (created and delivery)
- Invoice Priority
- Pre-payment amount
- Pay code
- Associated reference
- Date sent
- Taxable status
- Stock items: the system will re-evaluate the stock items on an individual basis, for example, tax rates, back ordered items, quantity sent and returned.
- Price List prices
Examples of fields copied
- Stock Items (less the above mentioned fields)
- Stock quantity ordered
- Payment method
Note: the payment method used will be that of the customer the order was copied to. If this was account to pre-payment then you will need to add a payment line into the payment grid to add the pre-payment.