How To: Create a Dynamic Pack in a Sales Order
It is now possible to create a Pack dynamically when in a sales order.
- Create a Pack Item to be used as the parent item, see How To: Create a Pack.
- Create a new sales order.
- Add the pack header to the sales order.
- Right click on the pack header line and select Add to Pack (dynamic pack).
- Select the stock item you wish to add to the pack, this will be added as a child of the pack header.
- Set the quantity for the item in the pack.
- Multiple stock lines can be added simultaneously by green selecting them in the stock lookup.
- Child items will be shown below the pack header in the Sales Order grid and in reports.
- As per normal pack items, the pack parent and child stock items will be linked by a coloured band on the left of the grid.
- Dynamic packs may also be used when importing orders via XML, either from the Other Actions menu in the Sales Order screen, or via webservices.