How To: Enter a BACS Payment in a Sales Order
Before using BACS in a sales order, they must be configured first, see the notes below.
- Open a Sales Order screen .
- Either create a new sales order or locate an existing sales order.
Note: to edit an existing sales order, it must be in an editable stage of the
[ Sales Invoice Manager ].
- Add the required stock items to the order.
[ Sales Order | Detail | Payment ]tab.
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Click in the Payment Line grid if you wish to add a new payment line.
- Tick the BACS checkbox, the amount paid defaults to the Sales order total.
Note: this can be overridden using the manual payment checkbox.
- Press to save.
- The BACS payment type needs to be associated with a Bank ID in
[ System Data | Accounts | System Payment Types ]screen.
- BACS payments can be configured to be automatically banked in the
[ Accounts | Bank Account ]tab, else they will appear in the bottom Not Banked grid. With the second option the BACS payments will need to be moved to the upper Banked grid before reconciling.
- Like cheque payments, BACS payments can be forced to be authorised to allow progress through the Sales Invoice stages. This is controlled by the option Cheque / BACS Authorisation Required in
[ System Values | Invoice Management ]. However, if the system has been setup so that BACS payments must be authorised and they are not then they can't be reconciled in the bank. This option must be disabled before the BACS payments can be reconciled.
- Manual authorisation can be applied to the Sales order through the Payments tab, the additional information (payment ref, sort code or account number) is optional.
- When using the webservice, BACS payments should be sent down with the following tags:
<PAYMENTS> <PAYMENT_DETAIL> <PAYMENT_TYPE>7</PAYMENT_TYPE> <PAYMENT_AMOUNT>X.XX</PAYMENT_AMOUNT> <PREAUTH>0</PREAUTH> </PAYMENT_DETAIL> </PAYMENTS>
- BACS payments raised in a sales order will show in the Bank Account screen as payment type 'Payment Advice'.