How To: Limit Users who can Release Orders from Terms Hold
It is possible to limit the users who can release or drag and drop an invoice(s) out of Terms Hold into Released by making them enter a password.
To setup the password:
- Open a System Data screen .
- Open the
[ Admin Passwords ]screen.
- Click into the 'Password' column for the 'Terms Hold Release' line.
- Enter the required password.
- Press to save. + or click
When releasing an invoice(s) from the terms hold stage in the
[ Sales Invoice ] screen, the user is now prompted to enter the password in order to confirm the release as follows:
- Enter the password in the dialog.
- Click 'OK' to move the invoice into released.
- Cancelling or entering the wrong password will:
- Produce a warning informing the user that the password was invalid.
- Return the user to the terms hold stage and will not release the selected invoice(s).
- Invoices can still be moved into terms hold, either at sales order save, or from within the
[ Sales Invoice ]screen as currently.