Admin users have the Admin checkbox ticked on the
[ System Data | Users | User Permissions ] dialog.
Admin permission overrides ALL the general permissions. Its use should be restricted to the System Owner/Manager
Note: the built-in "Khaos Control" account used by Khaos Control Support has admin permission.
Additional actions available to Admin users:
Accounts and Accounts setup
- Controls access to Credit Card Integration settings
- Allows manual pre-authorisation of credit cards (where enabled)
- Controls access to Basic Reports Setup (where installed)
- Allows access to Custom Report's Report Designer (this is a right-click option on various grids, including Customer screen, Catalogue Requests)
- Only Admin users can configure the KPI Dashboard, profiles are used to determine the users that can view the Dash,
- Allow adding, editing and deletion of Company UDA profiles
- Merge Companies (HQ users can also do this)
- Delete companies using the de-dupe tool
[ Customer | Other Actions menu | Import data from mailing list | De-dupe ](HQ users can also do this)
- De-Dupe Customer records (HQ users can also do this)
- Import Data from Mailing List (HQ users can also do this)
- Clear All on reward points (HQ users can also do this)
- The Always use these options for this report option in the Auto Email Options dialog. Users will also need access to the
[ System Data | Others | Email Report Config ]screen.
- Allow adding, editing and deletion of Stock UDA profiles
- Edit Web Categories and Channel Listings (HQ users can also do this).
- Copy a Stock Item (HQ users can also do this).
Sales Orders and the Sales Invoice Manager
- Allows user to "Reset a Code" and "Remove a Code" from the Sales Invoice Codes dialog accessed via
[ Sales Invoice | Other Actions menu | View Cancelled Codes ]
- Edit the Sales Invoice Manager Process Path.
- Create and edit Invoice Rules in the Sales Invoice Manager.
- On some systems (Optional — there may be a charge for implementing this functionality), the ability to unlock individual sales orders may require HQ user or administrator permission.
- Repick an invoice regardless of whether or not it is in an editable Sales Invoice stage (HQ users can also do this)
- Use the Advanced "Issued" right-click context menu found on Sales Invoice manager's Issued stages' grid (HQ users can also do this)
Warehouse Control and GRNs
- Allows access to various functions (including write-off quarantine) within Warehouse Control.
- Enabled full control of
Goods Received Notes(GRNs), please note that this is the only permission controller for this option.
Advanced Admin User - User Setup
The system will mark them as unavailable and hide them from the login drop down. The function would tick unavailable against the user in [system data/Users ] and tick the excluded permission in user permissions.
This would need to be monitored by the Admin user and if the user needs turning back on, this will need to be done manually by an Admin.
When enabled Admin Users [with access to System Values | General | Miscellaneous] can apply a Global Password Expiry Date for existing user login passwords based on XX days since the previous change.
Any user failing to change their [current] login by the expiry date defined, will be forced to update their password upon next login.
A new password field will be added to System Data/Others/Admin Passwords called "Locked Account Admin".
A new grid will appear with a tick box that will allow Admin uses to lock or unlock respective account
Admin User Housekeeping
To see all users who have unlimited permission and profiles copy, paste and run the following SQL in the Report section of Khaos Control.
select user_name, last_connection as [last logged in] from user_list where admin_user ='-1' and profile_id ='0' and user_name <>'Khaos Control' and user_name <>'Web' order by 2asc