How To: Setup and Use Sales Order Line Margin Warning
Sales Order line margin allows users to see if the margin for a stock item added to a Sales Order is below a defined global level.
[ System Values | Sales | Pricing ] the Minimum Sales Order Margin is used to define the margin% value to be used.
Note: a 0.00 value is the default; unless a value greater than this is entered the Invoice Line Margin facility will not be used.
When stock items are added to a Sales Order Khaos Control will check the margin information against that setup. If the margin is below this limit then:
- The Order Total on the Sales Order
[ Detail | Main ]and
[ Detail | Additional | Order Amounts ]tabs are marked with a red background.
- If a Sales Order has a margin% below that setup, on saving the system will display a prompt to the user highlighting this.
Note: it will not be possible for users to save a sales order in the above state until they have entered the corresponding System Data password for overriding margin.
- The system will only prevent users from saving sales orders when the overall margin is below the margin% value defined in the Minimum Sales Order Margin option in
[ System Values | Sales | Pricing ]and an override password is defined.
- The margin information can be found on the Sales Order by using the (or when there is a warning) button on
[ Detail | Main ]tab.
- When the overall Sales Order margin is below the Minimum Sales Order Margin and an override password is defined (see below) then the user is prompted for the password.
- The override password is defined in
[ System Data | Admin Passwords | Override Minimum SO Margin ]and allows the ability to override the warning and save a Sales Order with a margin% less than that defined in the Minimum Sales Order Margin.