How To: Understand the difference between Issued date and Sales Invoice date
It is important to understand the difference between the Issued date and the date the Sales Invoice was created as this affects the information returned in Sales Summary and in the Accounts.
- The Issued Date is the date the Sales Order was Issued, i.e. moved from Issue to Issued in the Sales Invoice Manager.
- The Invoice Date is the date can be based on one of the following options in
[ System Values | Invoice Management ]and that will be used to update the accounts:
- Invoice Print Date: the date the invoice was printed in the Sales Invoice Manager.
- SOrder Delivery Date: the date the order was despatched.
- SOrder Created Date: the date the invoice was created.
- Confirmed Ship Date: is the date that the shipment was confirmed, i.e. when the order is moved from the Awaiting Shipping grid to the lower Shipped grid in the Shipping dialog.
The following scenario shows how the different dates are used and displayed in Khaos Control.
A sales order that has the following dates:
- Order - 25 November 2021
- Delivery - 26 November 2021
- Invoice 'printed' - 29 November 2021
- Shipment Confirmed Date 30 November 2021
- Issue - 30 November 2021
The Invoice date will therefore be based on the option you have selected in Invoice Date Basis in System Values, in this example it is the date the invoice was printed.
In the Accounts area of the system the Invoice Date, in this case 29th November 2021, is used as can be seen below.
Trial Balance and Nominals
For the month of September 2021 the VAT Return will show the sales information as it is based on the Invoice date.
Sales Summary can be configured so that different dates can be used:
- Issue Date
- Delivery Date
- Invoice Date
The information returned will depend on the date range and the type of date selected in the F4 Filter Set as shown below for the sales order scenario described above. This affects how you compare the results in Sales Summary with your P&L; the Invoice date should be used, see How To: Compare Profit and Loss Sales Nominals with Sales Summary.
Date filter date range 1 September 2014 to 30 September 2014
Date filter date range 01 October 2014 to 31 October 2014