How To: Setup Emails to be sent based on your Purchase Order Line Status
|Creating and Editing Emails based on your Purchase Order Line Status is an Advanced User feature.
Emails can be sent out to customers to inform them of the status of their back ordered stock items, based on the status of their associated purchase order line. There are two steps required to setup the system to send these emails and once setup they can be used, see How To: Send Emails based on your Purchase Order Line Status.
Note: this option only works for purchase order items that have been created as a back order item for a specific customer, but also works when you create associations and then email customers, see How To: Create an Association between a Sales Order and Back Order/Purchase Order.
Setup the Email Template
- Open an Email Manager screen .
- Click on the Templates radio button.
- Press + or click .
- Add a template code for example Received.
- Add a template description Order Received.
- Select a trigger type of BACK ORDER.
- Tick the 'Add to Comm Log when sent' checkbox. (Optional)
- Tick the HTML Format checkbox if your message body is going to be written in HTML. (Optional)
- Add the from address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org. (Optional)
- Add the subject Your order has been received.
- Create your Item Template:
- Focus on the blue Available Tag you wish to add.
- Click on the button next to the Item Template field.
- Repeat as required remembering to add linking words and spaces.
- Create your Message Template remembering to add the yellow $ITEM_TEXT tag where you want the list of back ordered stock items to be displayed in the body of the email, see the example below.
- Press to save.
- Note: due to the way in which the data is generated into the Back Order emails, the following tags can only be used in the 'Item Template' section of the Back Order Email Template:
Setup the Purchase Order Status
- Open a System Data screen .
- Open the
[ Others | Purchase Order Line Statuses ]screen.
- Press + or click to enter edit mode.
- Press to add a new item. or click
- Enter the description for your message template, for example Order Received, Your item has been shipped, Your item will be finished on (date) etc.
- Focus in the 'Email Template' field.
- and select the message template from the list.
- Enter the number to define the order you wish the list of templates to appear in the drop down list.
- Press to save. + or click