Warehouse Location Control
| Warehouse Location Control is an Advanced User feature.
It contains complex, resource-intensive functionality and a decision to begin using it should therefore not be taken lightly.
Warehouse Control Overview
Khaos Control includes a warehouse module which requires one day of training before it can be used. It allows you to manage your stock by its location code and location type. The following points should be noted:
- It is designed for large busy warehouses to enable warehouse operatives to know where stock can be located at all times.
- It is manpower intensive and keeping it up-to-date will require additional resources, for example a clerk (the 'stock controller') would be required to oversee the system. Existing warehouse staff will need to use Khaos Control both for booking-in stock immediately it is received and also recording all movements as stock is distributed between bulk and immediate storage locations; pickers will need to record stock as it is removed prior to packing and sending to customers.
- The information available can only be as good as the warehouse operatives using it, for example the system may know where all the stock is in theory, but if stock is taken out or put into the wrong location then the data will be incorrect. Such errors are NOT due to the system, it only does what it is told.
- For the warehouse functionality to work correctly the system must be continually kept up-to-date; errors occur when movements are not recorded immediately as they happen.
- When the Warehouse option is enabled ALL stock is first put into ARRIVALS and then it needs to be distributed into the appropriate locations before it can be used (e.g. assigned to a sales order).
Note: when warehouse control is enabled a new warehouse will be created and ARRIVALS and CRETURN (customer return) locations will be added to that warehouse.
- It is recommended that on-site consultancy, as well as additional training, are appropriate if you wish to set up and use the warehouse functionality.
- An alternative for warehouse operations is to use the Picking Location free text box on the
[ Stock | Detail | Properties ]screen in the Stock Control / Other section. This information is printed out in the "Location" column on the Picking Ticket.
- Handheld Terminals (HHT) functionality is only available when using Warehouse Location Control and requires additional training.
- Warehouse Batches functionality is only available when using Warehouse Location Control and requires additional training.
- The picking order when using warehouse control is alphanumerical, see Picking Order.
To access Warehouse Control open the Stock screen and right-click in the grid and select Warehouse Control or type sw in the Command Window and press.
Screens Used in Warehouse Control
The warehouse section is comprised of the following tabs:
Related Screens and Dialog Boxes
- Stock Detail Locations Tab
- Stock Adjustments Adjust (Warehouse) Tab
- Assign Picking Location Dialog
- Stock Pick and Replenish Hierarchy
- Warehouse Perform Location Movements