How To: Automatically email customers based on Statement dates
Customers can setup automatic statement emails, based on debt stages by using Company Classes. There are three options for sending the automated emails:
- When a customer has an invoice which does not exceed 15 days over their terms, and their balance is >0 then an email with a statement will be sent.
- When a customer's balance exceeds 15days of their agreed terms, and their balance is >0, a separate email will be sent with the statement attached.
- When a customer's balance exceeds 30 days of their agreed terms, and their balance is >0, then another email trigger would be sent.
For example; a customer has terms of 30 days, therefore any invoices between 0-45 days will use option 1, any invoices above 45 days will use option 2. If a customer has a credit on their account which takes their account equal to or less than 0, they will be excluded from the auto-statement run. If a customer has a credit but this does not take the balance below 0, they should still be included.
- This functionality work with an email template for each of the above options, which allows users to edit the email template as and when required, to reflect the severity of the outstanding debt.
- If a customer has more than 1 invoice, which sits in one of the different periods (1,2,3) above, Khaos Control will only trigger a single email and it will be the most severe email, so 3, then 2, then 1.
- The email will include a copy of the Customer's Statement.
- All company classes will be disabled by default and must be enabled for the above functionality to work.
- Once generated the customer emails will remain in the pending stage until sent either manually or via a separate batch file running the KSDMU ‘Email Pending’ functionality.
This functionality require several areas of the system to be setup before it can be used:
- Open a System Data screen .
[ Company | Company Classes ].
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Tick the 'Allow Auto Statement checkbox to the right of the grid.
- Press to save. + or click
- Open either a Customer or a Supplier screen .
- Load the required customer or supplier record.
- In the Options area of the
[ Customer | General ]tab, click on the to toggle between the basic Options panel and the Additional Options panel.
- Make sure the Statement by Email option is ticked.
- Check that the customer has an email address.
Email Message Template
You will need to setup email message templates, see How To: Setup Email Templates.
You will need to setup Debt Stages, see How To: Setup Debt Chasing for how to do this. There are two additional columns:
- Auto Statement: this should be ticked when using this functionality.
- Email Template: the email template used when the email is sent as a result of debt chase, for example you could have a Debt Chase description of Second Statement Warning and a an email template of Statement - Period 2.
A batch file will need to be setup by Support, please email Support and state dev ID 020151.
- The batch file will run the KSDMU function.
- An email will then be generated for each customer who have unpaid invoices beyond their due date and where the customer is set to receive statements via email and the company class is also set to send them.
- The email will be based upon the template design, how overdue the customer is in paying their most overdue invoice and will include a copy of the customers current statement.