How To: Import your Harmonisation Codes
To import harmonisation codes (assuming the stock items exist), the following columns can be used in the Stock Import file, this will need to be in the format tab-separated format .txt file.
- There should be at least one Country or Zone specified for each Harmonisation Code and if there is only one code it should be made the default.
- If the code does not exist it's created, it might be useful providing SHORT_DESC there as well if the code is meant to be created so it has the Short Desc set against the code in System Data.
- Duty can be added where applicable.
- The STOCK_CODE column is needed to match to the stock item to update.
- If importing multiple Harmonisation Codes and zones against one stock item then the file will be along the lines of the following table. You could have more columns and add the short description, but essentially for one stock item, you enter all the details on one line with the stock code at the start:
- Open a Stock screen .
- Press to open the 'Other Actions' menu. or clicking the down arrow immediately to the right of the
- Select Import Stock Items.
- Select a .txt file containing the stock information to be imported. This file should be in a tab-separated format.
- A message will appear detailing how many item lines were imported or updated, how many were skipped, and errors that were encountered during the process.
- If a stock item already exists, it will be updated according to the values in the import file.
- If a stock item does not already exist, it will be created.