How To: Setup Proforma Invoices
Mark a Customer as a Proforma Customer
Proforma Invoices can be automatically created for a customer by marking that customer as a proforma customer as follows:
- Open a Customer screen .
- Press + or click to enter edit mode.
- Tick the Proforma customer checkbox in the Options area in the
[ General ]screen.
- Press to save.
- The way in which these proforma customers are treated is governed by the System values setting: Proforma Order Type. The three options ("Quotation", "Sales Order" and "Pro-Forma Order") control the way in which the system assigns stock and where it is saved in the invoice manager by automatically setting the type when the Sales Order is created:
- Despite its name, a proforma invoice is a sales order acknowledgement document, NOT a sales invoice.
- A sales order for any customer can be changed to proforma by selecting "Proforma Order" from the Type drop down list in the Order Details area in the Sales Order screen. Again, this will result in stock being assigned if converting from a quotation and the order being placed in Manual Hold.