HQ users have the "HQ" checkbox ticked on the
[ System Data | Users | User Permissions ] dialog.
Although it now has a wider use as a 'manager' permission, the HQ permission was originally created to restrict access to Khaos Control's financial management features. Its use should be restricted to those managers who need to control your business' financial data
Note: the built-in Keystone Software account used by Keystone Support has HQ permission.
Additional actions available to HQ users:
- Review credit card details
- Accept a credit card authorisation
- Delete opening balances
- Edit the
[ Supplier | Detail | Financial ]or
[ Customer | Detail | Financial ]screens.
- View Sales Order profit and margin information
- Unreconcile transactions from bank accounts
- View bank accounts that are set to HQ only (checkbox in
[ System Data | Accounts | Bank Accounts ]screen)
- Merge Companies (Admin users can also do this)
- Delete companies using the de-dupe tool
[ Customer | Other Actions menu | Import data from mailing list | De-dupe ], (Admin users can also do this)
- Edit the company classification against a customer. (Admin users can also do this)
- Clear All on reward points (Admin users can also do this)
- Import Data from Mailing List (Admin users can also do this)
- Use the Force Terms Hold option in the Additional Options Area in the
[ Customer | Detail | General ]screen.
- Edit Web Categories and Channel Listings (Admin users can also do this).
- Move a task to a new user
- Delete tasks
Note: you have to be a HQ user to delete the tasks of another HQ user
- Edit pending emails.
Sales Orders and the Sales Invoice Manager
- Repick an invoice regardless of whether or not it is in an editable Sales Invoice stage (Admin users can also do this)
- Use the Advanced "Issued" right-click context menu found on Sales Invoice manager's Issued stages' grid (Admin users can also do this)
- View scheduled invoice issue (if enabled)
- On some systems (Optional — there may be a charge for implementing this functionality), the ability to unlock individual sales orders may require HQ user or Administrator permission.
HQ User Housekeeping
To see all users who have HQ permission copy, paste and run the following SQL in the Report section of Khaos Control.
SELECT User_Name, last_login AS Last_Logged_In FROM user_list WHERE HQ_user ='-1' ORDER By last_login DESC