How To: Enable IOSS
The Import One-Stop Shop (IOSS) is the electronic method of submitting your VAT e-commerce obligations on distance sales of ALL goods imported into the EU. If this applies to your business and you have read and understood the implications of enabling IOSS on your system as explained on EU VAT Import One-Stop Shop (IOSS), this page explains the steps you need to set IOSS up in Khaos Control.
Enabling IOSS in System Values
- Open System Operations
[ System Values | General | Your Company ]tab.
- At the bottom of the dialog, Tick the Europe OPt-in IOSS scheme checkbox.
- Add your company IOSS number in the filed below.
- Open the
[ System Values | Accounts | Europe ]tab.
- Ensure the Advanced EU VAT options checkbox is ticked.
- Please do not change these options without consulting with a Tax Expert.
- The settings below should be:
- EU VAT Threshold of €150.
- B2C VAT over EU threshold should be ticked.
- B2B VAT over EU threshold should be ticked.
- Click OK and restart Khaos Control.
For any EU member country you plan on shipping to or are registered to pay VAT in, you must setup and configure Country Specific VAT, see How To: Setup Country Specific VAT. You will need to configure rates for those countries, the rates can be setup against stock items, or you can specify one "default" rate per country.
[ System Operations | Edit System Values | Accounts - Sales ].
- Tick the option Country Specific VAT.
- Click OK.
- Close and restart Khaos Control.
- Open a System Data screen .
- Open the
[ International | Countries ]screen.
- Add your VAT Rates per country, see How To: Setup Country Specific VAT.
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Tick the '"Enable Country VAT"'.
- In the VAT Number column on the far right add your EU VAT Number for any EU Member country in which you are registered for VAT.
- Press to save. + or click
- Ensure that your have captured IOSS numbers and applies these to the appropriate Channel setup associated with your marketplaces (Channels 1.0 or Channels 2.0), and that the "External Marketplace" checkbox has been appropriately set in advance of any July 1st orders.
- Review which external Marketplaces you deal with and how your order handling and shipping requirements may be impacted.
- Amazon Information from Amazon can be found here: https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gc/vat-education/eu-dr
- eBay have released the static IOSS number to be used on their orders to Sellers and Developers - if you have not received this information from eBay please contact eBay for advice before the 1st July.
- eBay Information from eBay can be found here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/selling/vat-obligations-uk-eu?id=4650&_trkparms=%26clkid%3D2419138116133605054#section1
- For all other marketplaces please contact them directly for advice on which IOSS number you need to use.
To ensure your setup and couriers work?????????
EU Business Customers
- Review all EU Business customer records and ensure that you have collected their EU VAT number, otherwise their orders will be treated as B2C within Khaos Control.
- Consult with your Courier service providers to ensure they will be supporting the EU VAT and IOSS changes and which services you will be using.
- Review the data the EU / IOSS and selected Courier services require to fulfil your business needs.