How To: Setup Branding
Branding is used where a business trades under more than one business name for example where a company sells from two different websites. System data sets the correct logos and company details for the documentation the customer will receive. Branding can be added manually on the Additional tab in a Sales Order and automatically as a result of the sales order Sales Source or customer's Company Class. For more information and a list of where branding can be used in the system see the Branding page.
There is a branding hierarchy to consider when setting up your brands, see Branding Hierarchy for more information.
Three areas need to be configured for branding to be used successfully in Khaos Control:
- Branding details must be setup in System Data;
- Reports must be configured to use branding data; and
- Sales source or customer class configured to automatically select correct brand to be applied to Sales Orders (Optional).
- You can also configure your Basic Reports to link them to a brand, see How To: Setup an Invoice Template per Brand using Basic Reports (Optional).
- Unique Email Server credentials can be defined per brand for automatically triggered emails in the Brand specific email settings dialog.
Creating Brands in System Data
- Open a System Data screen .
- Double click on the
[ Sales Order Processing | Branding ]line.
- Press to enter edit mode. + or click
- Press to add a new item. or click
- Enter the details of the new brand you wish to create (see below).
- Press to commit changes; alternatively press + or click to abort. + or click on
Details that can be entered against a brand:
|Company Name||My Brand|
|Web Site||Web: www.mybrand.com|
|Tel 1||Tel: 0116 222 3333|
|Tel 2||Freephone: 0800 123 456|
|Fax 1||Fax: 1006 222 3339|
|Special Text||not used|
|Reg Number||MyBrand is a trading name of MyCompany Ltd, registered in England & Wales No. 0099999|
|Reg Office||Registered Office: 49 Lezbee Avenue, Fetcham, BOOKHAM, AR8 3ST|
|VAT Number|| The VAT number to be printed on branded stationery.|
Note: Each Khaos Control system uses one (and only one) VAT register; an additional Khaos Control instance is normally required for each separate VAT registered entity. The facility to print different VAT numbers on branded stationery is provided to assist fulfilment houses, etc.
|VRQ|| Customers may qualify for VAT relief when purchasing specific stock items.|
Note: for the system to exempt the item from VAT on sales order, VRQ must be enabled for the stock item, the customer AND the sales order's brand, see How To: Setup and use Vat Relief Qualified.
|EORI Number||The Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number which is used by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to identify you and collect duty on your goods. This can be set per brand here.|
|DDI||Direct Dial In, requires the TAPI system to be enabled in Khaos Control. If required, please email Development.|
|Brand Address*|| Multiple lines of brand address as you wish it to be shown in the eHAddrCompany field in the Basic Reports(may include |
telephone numbers, website url, etc.)
|Assign Logo Filename*||Allows use of the "File Open" dialog to select your logo file.|
* These can be found on the right-click context menu.
Note: The VAT number entered in System Values will be used. Khaos Control supports only one set of VAT accounts per system.
If your system uses standard reports, then they will likely require chargeable customisation in order to incorporate branding (this requires custom development, which may be chargeable).If using Basic Reports, a <%BulkAddress%> tag needs to be added to all relevant reportsâ€ in order for the branded details from System Data to be shown in the company address box (eHAddrCompany), for example:
<%SkipEmpty%><%NO DoubleName%> [<%Company name%> | <%Contact name%>] <%BulkAddress%> <%Tel1%> <%Fax1%> <%Email%> <%Web%>
|Report Builder Designer is an Advanced User feature.|
â€ Even when the system is set to use Basic Reports, the following reports that may require branding are still generated using Standard Reports (and therefore any changes requested to these reports will need to be treated as Development Requests):
Note: Whereas sales may be associated with a specific brand, all purchases are made by the body corporate: therefore branding does not apply to Purchase Orders and related reports.
Note: If a basic report linked to a brand exists, then the brand cannot be deleted from System Data.
Automatic Brand Selection
The branding to be used on a specific Sales Order is set on the additional tab. Brands can be automatically selected by linking a Customer Classification or Sales Source to a brand.
There is a hierarchy for which brand is used when importing sales orders:
- Branding set on the Sales Order overrides;
- Branding set against a Sales Source, which overrides;
- Branding set against a Company Class.
- If no brand is set when an order is imported and there is none set against Sales Source or Company Class then no brand will be applied to the order.
To ensure that all Sales Orders imported from your branded website are linked to that brand, the "KSDXMLImportFormat.xml" file generated by your website should tag each sales order with the sales source associated with that brand. For example:
<!-- Comment: Specify a source code from KhaosControl, Only pre-existing codes will be mapped onto the order. Case Sensitive. --> <SALES_SOURCE>INTERNET_BRAND01</SALES_SOURCE>