Sales Orders List Tab
For the Other Action Menu options (press or ) see Sales Orders Other Actions Menu.
[ Sales Orders | List ] tab displays sales orders depending on the filters selected. The filters in both the top and bottom information panes may be used to display specific orders.
To open a sales order, search for the order and double-click on it.There are several different types of sales order:
- S - Sales Order: normal sales order. These can be generated manually in KhaosControl, as well as via the Web and/or EPOS.
See How To: Create a New Sales Order.
- C - Credit Note: a sales order of this type allows a customer to be credited financially. It is a similar process to that of creating a sales order, with the system generating a credit note instead of an invoice.
See How To: Create and Process a Manual Credit Note.
- RC - Return Credit: the credit note generated as part of the customer return process.
- RE - Return Exchange: the sales order containing the goods going back out to the customer as part of the customer return process.
- PF - Pro-Forma Order: this is a sales order with a type of Pro-Forma. Sales Orders can be manually set to this type or can be automatically set for a customer if:
- the 'Proforma Customer' checkbox is ticked on their
[ Customer | Detail | General ]tab; and
- the 'Proforma Customer order type' drop-down in
[ System Values | Sales | Order Display | Proforma Order Type ]is set to "Proforma".
- the 'Proforma Customer' checkbox is ticked on their
- QU - Quotation: a sales order of this type allows a quotation to be created for a customer and sent to them for their approval with the intention of converting it into an actual Sales Order later.
See How To: Create and Process a Quotation.
Note: EPOS orders are classified as the above type but with an E prefix.
To access the
[ Sales Orders | List ] screen:
- Type "so" into the command window; or
- Select "Sales Orders" from the window list; or
- Click the clue "SO" menu button .
[ Sales Orders | List ] tab consists of three areas:
The filters at the top of the
[ Sales Orders | List ] tab are used to search for a specific sales order(s). The filter fields are cumulative, so if used in conjunction the user can create a very refined search.
Note: all search fields support wildcard searches. These are very useful if only parts of a reference number or Sales Order number are known. For Example, if you were looking for a Sales Order with a Code KC00123 but you only know the last three digits that you would enter 123 into the SOrder Code field and turn the left-hand wildcard block on . Wildcards can also be used to search for customers. For example, using the Customer Name field to find 'Rita Richards' the user would need to input the full name 'Mrs Rita Richards" to return the correct customer. If the user entered 'rich' into the Customer Name field and turned both wildcard block on then all customers all customers with 'rich' in their name would be returned, including Rita Richards. If the user wanted to refine the search further, they could enter her full name, less her title (she could be Ms, Miss, Dr, etc. Rita Richards .
- GO button: refreshes the grid and applies any filters that have been selected.
- SOrder Code: filters the sales orders for complete or partial sales order numbers.
- Customer URN: filters the sales orders for specific customers based on their URN.
- Customer Name: filters the sales orders for specific customers based on their company name.
- Customer Other Ref ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): displays orders for specific customers based on an alternative reference, e.g. an eBay reference number, Amazon User ID, Website User ID or any alternative user ID held against a customer record.
Note: this filter supports the use the % wildcard.
- Sale Source ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): filters the sales orders by the Sales Source set against them. Sales Sources are setup in
[ System Data | Sales Order Processing | Sales Source ].
- Brand ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): filters the sales orders for those linked to the selected Brand. Brands are setup in
[ System Data | Sales Order Processing | Branding ].
- Channel ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): filters the sales orders for those imported from a specific channel.
- Date From and Date To: sales orders can be filtered by a specified date range. The search can be set against the Delivery Date or Order Date (see below).
- Delivery Date radio button: the delivery date set against the sales order. This radio button is used in conjunction with the Date From and Date To filter to find Sales Orders with a delivery date between the date range.
- Order Date radio button: the order date set against the sales order. This is normally the date on which the Sales Order was created. This radio button is used in conjunction with the Date From and Date To filter to find Sales Orders with a order date between the date range.
Sales Order List Grid
Double-clicking an item within the grid displays the associated order details.
- Sales Order:
- Code: generated by the system and prefixed by the values specified in the System Values.
- Type: displays the type of sales order:
- S: sales order.
- C: credit note.
- RC: return credit.
- RE: return exchange.
- PF: pro forma order.
- QU: quotation.
- URN: displays company's / customer's unique reference number.
- Name: displays the company's / customer's name.
- Order Dates:
- Created: the date the order was created.
- Delivery: the date the order is due to be shipped.
- Sent: the date the order shipped or part-shipped.
- Amount: the total amount of the sales order in the customers' currency.
- Paid Amt: the amount the customer has actually paid for example by cash, cheque, authorised credit card or voucher. Credit Notes, both manually created and those resulting from customer returns, will display £0.00.
- Paid (or Act): is ticked if the paid amount on the order is greater than or equal to the order total. It is intended as a quick indicator as to whether the order has been fully paid yet.
- Khaos Control treats Account Orders as being fully paid.
- Statement payments that are linked to multiple invoices have the potential to cause false positives with regards to the new paid flag, as amendments to the statement payment"s allocations after it has been associated with the sales order will not update the flag.
- # Lines:
- Total: the total number of different item lines on the sales order.
- BO/PO: the total number of item lines that have had a BO/PO created for them.
The sales order grid context menu contains the following options:
- Goto Customer: opens the customer record related to the order that the user is currently focused on.
- Goto Sales Order: opens the order that the user is currently focused on.
- Custom Reports: generates Custom Reports based on report templates for the selected customer(s).
- Report Preview: opens the custom reports folder, selecting a report will then preview it.
- Add Selection to Reporting Pool: adds selected Sales Orders to the reporting pool.
- Clear Reporting Pool: clears the reporting pool of previously added Sales Orders.
- Report Designer: opens the custom reports report designer, selecting a report will then open it for editing.
Note: this requires administrator-level permission.
- Choose Reporting Pool Type: allows the selection of either 'Sales Order' or 'Company' reports.
- Order Confirmations: allows the user to mark website orders as confirmed or delete unconfirmed orders as follows:
- Mark Currently Selected Order(s) as Confirmed
- Marked All Orders as Confirmed
- Delete All Unconfirmed Orders
- Mark Internet Order Confirmed
Note: this is only applicable to orders imported from a website (if required); for further information, please email Support
- Clear Selection: deselects the currently selected line(s).
Bottom Filter (First)
The bottom filter area has two sections; the first is displayed by default, to access the second click on the button in the bottom right. To close the expanded menu click on the button in the bottom right. The bottom filters offer further search facilities.
- PO Reference ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): Searches Sales Orders for Customer Purchase Order reference number, these are input against
[ Sales Orders | Detail | Payment ]tab.
- Associated Ref search by any associated reference entered in the
[ Sales Orders | Detail | Additional ]tab (e.g. web import reference).
- Customer Country ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): displays orders for specific customers based on their country as defined in their
[ Customer | Detail | Financial ]screen. Select the country from the drop-down list and use the traffic light control to activate this field.
- Keycode ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): filters Sales Orders by the Tracking Keycode code set against them. A list of keycodes can be found on the
[ Promotions | List | Key Codes ]screen.
- Discount Keycode ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): allows the user to filter the grid by the specific Discount Keycode on the sales order.
- Consignment Ref ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): displays orders containing a specific consignment reference (this is only relevant if Khaos Control has been updated with the courier's 'Consignment Reference'). Also see How To: Find a Consignment reference linked to a Sales Order.
- Extended Description: filters Sales Orders by the extended description held against stock items on the orders.
Bottom Filter (Second)
The second set of filters at the bottom of the List tab have the following options:
- Company Class ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): filters the grid by the customer's company class.
- User ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): filters the orders by the user who created them.
- Agent ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): filters the orders by associated Agent.
- Currency ( / / tri-state traffic light filter): filter orders by currency.
- Confirmed tri-state checkbox: relates to KOS website orders that are (if unticked) unprocessed on the website and in a state where the customer can return to their order and re-edit it. Once payment has been taken it will become confirmed.
- Unconfirmed orders cannot generate invoices.
- Unconfirmed orders are not displayed in the
[ Sales Invoice | Back Orders (Purchase Ordering) ]screen.